Saturday, August 18, 2007

About the Presentation

In terms of what I learned from my presentation, I think I learned how to organize ideas and thoughts, especially when speaking, the use of language and expressions are supposed to be in a proper way. Besides, it was my first time ever speaking, I mean presenting in front of others, it was true that I got butterflies in my stomach before and during the presentation, but I learned how to make myself calm and cool later, and got through it. It's something related to psychology anyway. Everyone can actually find his or her own way to solve the problem called "nevous feeling"

Moreover, I feel the result of my presentation can be considered at two different points. To take it as a real fomal academic presentation, I think I did it poorly enough, to say about its contents, and the way I presented, I did something on movies but without using Powerpoint left myself a regret. And according to the feedback I got from several classmates, my little voice is an obvious problem, even though I felt like I was about to shouting. Anyway, personally, I think it is a successful one I did for the first time, for I thought I couldn't do it, but got through it just ok, and I wasn't felt as much nervous or panic as I imagined I would be. It was because I had always been focusing on the black board, and when the teacher called me to turn around facing the audiences I kept focusing on my very big reminding cards that almost big enough to cover my face, though I wasn't always covered my face. Anyway, the whole thing demands furthur improvement and more confidence in the future to get me survive in the many academic presentations. The more you do it the better.

Finally, from listening to the presentations of other classmates, I also learned something. Some of them really did a beautiful presentation with their unique style and ways of speech, even provide humourous atmosphere at times. That allows both the speakers and listeners to feel relax and uplifted in spirit to keep concentrating on his or her presentation. The most important thing I learned is to give others as much as respect just as what you want to get from others as well. You don't feel alright when seeing someone yawning or being absentminded during your speech, so don't do it to others too. To show your interest or at least your attention to what the presenter is talking about through the whole presentation, give comments or feedback also defines yourself as an audience with appreciated quality.

2 comments:

Sorida said...

hi summer you got such a good experience from this presentation.

By the river said...

Xia: Good writings. This is Michelle. I am wondering if I can add your blog to LILIES BY THE RIVER 圣劳伦斯河畔的百合. Please let me know.