Wednesday, June 27, 2007

What struck me the most in this unit of second language learning-The Blogger

Personally, I feel most interested in this blogger thing, though it is no longer something new to me, and to everyone. Blog has actually been popular for quite a long time and even become habit for many people to keep journals, to share their thoughts and daily life with others. And also many things that are enjoyable to share such as photos, videos, music, etc. I've been a blogger for a long time but, mostly I wrote in my native language-Chinese. I think people tend to write their blogs in native language because of their daily living environment. Particularly, when living in their own country, they basically use their own language that understood by their friends and family members.

By this activity I started trying to write everything in english that could be understood by international visiters to my blog. That's fun and challenging. From my point of view, not only does this activity motivate writing and reading, it also a good means for communicating thoughts and cultivate critic thinking when trying to give comments on things that other people write. And also, everyone build blog links of classmates and also the one of our Prof. In spite of its a way of doing homeworks for our study, this also calls for more interaction among classmates and the Prof. It improves the understanding of classmates from different countries;knowing their culture background and share with each other as many interest things as possible. So, I think this blogger activity is really a good idea for our class in this unit of second language learning.

No comments: